today i’m going to be showing you guys a really simple, stripped down look for lazy days, using 80% drugstore products. it features the hot trend of strobing or non-touring which is basically the opposite of the contouring trend. instead of defining your features directly with a bronzer, you just strobe the high points of your face, so that your features are more defined indirectly. it is a lot less harsh than contouring and much more luminous. the other nice part of this look is that it uses only 5 makeup products, so it’s perfect for a lazy sunday or for any day when you feel like wearing a light makeup look.
skin prep (not counted towards 5 products)
1. remove makeup/cleanse w/ Neutrogena make-up removing wipes
(i skipped the cleanser & toner out of laziness)
2. moisturize w/ three drops of Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate, focusing on flaky areas (edges of nose & cheeks, for me), then apply one pump of La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Legere 24hr Rehydrating Fill-In Care all over face
(i skipped the primer b/c i didn’t want to mattify my face at all)
lips (i did this first b/c i wanted to have it on before i applied the highlighter)
1. apply several coats of Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick “710 First Class Nude” all over lips (this formula is super moisturizing, creamy, and dewy)
1. strobe/highlight the high points of your face w/ Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid by FaceStudio Illuminating Highlighter “100 Light/Iridescent” using your fingers (concentrating on the edges of the forehead, especially on the cheekbones, down the centre of the nose, in the cupid’s bow, and a little bit on the centre of the chin)
2. set the highlighting liquid with a Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder “Ethereal Light” using Sephora Multitasker complexion Brush “45” (brush not included in the 5 products–you could easily just use your fingers, as well)
1. apply Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal by EyeStudio 24hr Eyeshadow “Barely Branded” all over lids as a 2-in-1 primer and eyeshadow
2. apply 2-3 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Full Fan Effect Mascara
- great dupe for: Benefit’s They’re Real!
as you can see, i skipped a lot of my usual products, including: cleanser, toner, sunscreen (i didn’t leave the house), primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, brow pencil, brow gel, eyeshadow, bronzer, and blush, because i was feeling pretty lazy.
also, 4 out of 5 of the makeup products used are from the drugstore, and the higher-end highlighting powder could easily be switched out for a cheaper product from e.l.f., for example, which has several powder highlighters and some baked blushes, both of which have received positive reviews online.
there you have it! a super simple, dewy look. i paired it with some messy, undone, day-3 bedhead.