today i’ll be showing you a daytime look with mostly nude shades and a blend of rusty eye shadow colours. the eye portion is definitely suitable for a night out, but to transition it from day to night i would add a bolder lip, perhaps a deep red colour like Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in the shade “rubino.” as usual, the base is essentially the same as my previous two tutorials but with different eye and lip colours!
1. cleanse & tone w/ several drops of La Roche-Posay Micellar Water (Sensitive Skin) on a cotton pad all over face
2. moisturize w/ three drops of Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate, focusing on flaky areas (edges of nose & cheeks, for me), then apply two pumps of La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Legere 24hr Rehydrating Fill-In Care all over face
3. apply a small dollop of Neutrogena UltraSheer Face Sunscreen (SPF 60) all over face for sun-protection (important to use every day, even in the winter!)
4. let absorb for 5-10 minutes
5. apply one small dollop of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer all over face
1. apply Clinique Superbalanced Makeup [i use the shade 32 “Breeze” (N)] all over face w/ the large end of Sephora’s 202 “Multitasker face” brush, first dotting and then blending out, gently
2. apply Sephora Collection Bright future Gel-cream concealer [i use the shade 01 “Bavarian cream”] by dotting on blemishes, applying large triangles to the under-eye areas, and blending out w/ the small end of Sephora’s 202 “Multitasker face” brush, for blemishes, and blending out w/ your ring & pinky fingers, for the under-eye area
3. set w/ Loreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Powder [i use the shade n1 “ivory”] by applying w/ still Spa Essentials Powder 001 brush
1. brush brows w/ spoolie & fill in brows w/ short, quick strokes of NYX Micro Brow Pencil [i use the shade MP05 “Ash Brown”]
2. groom brows with Loreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel Mascara [i wear shade “Medium to Dark”]
- great dupe for: Benefit’s Gimme Brow since it also has a small brush/applicator
3. apply Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal by EyeStudio 24hr Eyeshadow [in the shade “Barely Branded”] all over lids with rings fingers as a base/eyeshadow primer
4. using your middle fingers, pack NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow [in the shade “Dayclub”] all over the lids
5. using the ELF Blending Brush, blend NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow [in the shade “Showgirl”] into the outer corners and up into the creases
6. apply two to three coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational Luscious Full Fan Effect Mascara
- great dupe for: Benefit’s They’re Real!
1. apply one short line in the hollow of each cheekbone of NYX WonderStick dark colour [i use shade “WS01 Light/Medium”] and blend out with fingertips to contour
- tip: suck in your cheeks to find the hollows
2. lightly dust Benefit’s “Dallas” Blush [i use it from the Benefit Cheekathon Palette] onto apples of cheeks with Quo Professional Blush Brush
- tip: find the apples of your cheeks by smiling
3. pack Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder “Ethereal Light” onto cheekbones with fingers
1. apply one coat of Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick [in the shade ‘fresco’] all over lips
and that’s the look! it pairs particularly well with blue eyes, as it has golden/brown/peach undertones. it wears well, holding up against sweat without budging.